Re: Gas Tank Boot

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>, <Robert.Long@CSDInc.com>
Subject: Re: Gas Tank Boot
From: "NATHAN J RUFFCORN" <NRUFFCORN@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 18:38:06 -0500
This is a strech, and call it blasphemy if you will, but what do the British
cars use for a seal between the tank and body?  In some areas of these cars,
comparitively speaking, the engineering seems to be similar but DEFINITELY
not the same!  Obviously the Japanese made a MUCH more reliable machine :-)

I'm sure there are some parts that are more readily available (making them
less expensive) that could be retrofitted to work on the roadsters.
Victoria British sends me a catalog for both the Z-cars and the MGB's.  They
usually have several options (with pictures) for items like aftermarket door
and fender mirrors and just other odd's and ends that will possibly cross
over.  Good luck.

Nathan
PS-Has anyone installed the bullet style chrome mirror similar to the one
that is advertised in Vic. British-if so how do they look?