Re: Weight

To: "ken pletcher" <pletch@pacbell.net>,
Subject: Re: Weight
From: Ronnie Day <rday@airmail.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 21:25:23 -0500
>I weighed mine with 1/4 tank of gas and it came in at 2040.  With me sitting
>in it 2220, I'm trying to work on the second number.
>     Ken

>>     Hello all:  Don asked about weight.  I was currious about weight
>>too, so I weighed my 67 on certified commercial scales.  In full street
>>trim with the spare and fire ext. in the trunk, V6 in place,tape deck
>>etc.  All flluids full and 1/2 tank of gas.  She weighs 2340#.   Bill
>>66&67 spls in N.M.

As far as the national Solo rules are concerned minimum weight is based
on a pounds per cc formula that I think varies somewhat by class catagory
like stock, street prepared, prepared, modified. For E/Prepared the
formula is 1.05 lbs/cc, so if your running the L-18 in a 510, minimum
weight is 1860 lbs. An L-16 powered car could be lighter, but the 1860 is
VERY difficult to get down to, even with extensive use of fiberglas body
panels and Lexan window replacement, so most of us use the L-18.

Wheel to wheel (Prod/IT/GT) may use published manufactuer's figures
instead.

FWIW,
Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@airmail.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)