no spark

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: no spark
From: "Andrew Jacobs" <Legal-Z@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 20:32:49 -0400
hi all,
i searched the archives, but wanted to get any fresh ideas.  i was driving
around today, and had logged about 100 miles when my 2000 started to stumble
every once in a while and then about another 10 miles down the road, it
quit.  i thought fuel, but it's getting fuel no problem.  then i checked the
spark and found there was none, even from the coil.  my next thought was a
bad coil, so i swapped out with an allison unit i had for my 240.  still
nothing.  this is where i ended my attempts, as my electrical knowledge is
completely lacking.  any suggestions would be appreciated and tried
immediately.
thanks in advance,
andy  69 2000.