Re: Carb balancing

To: ken pletcher <pletch@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Carb balancing
From: Taylor Hutt <t.hutt@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 13:49:46 -0700
ken pletcher wrote:

> Hopefully this weekend I'm going to try my hand at balancing my Solex's.
> The Instruction's that came with the kit mention to disconnect all linkage,I
> haven't tried it yet but I would think that it wont idle.  Any input would
> be greatly appreciated.
>      Ken
> DATSTER

I just had a friend come over and help be balance my carb.
His words: "Ignore the directions; don't bother about disconnecting all
linkages
because your carbs should be nearly balanced already".

Some people are probably cringing right now, but hey... it worked.

We dialed up the idle screw to get a nice steady RPM that sucked enough air
to move the bubble and then just balanced the carbs as seemed obvious.

If you want specifics, email me.

t.hutt@worldnet.att.net