Buick 215, was Re:engine transplants

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Buick 215, was Re:engine transplants
From: Sexmnypwr@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 04:18:38 EDT
  With all this talk about transplants, I'm itchin to setup a website with
the progress of my own '66.  So far the engine is built.  Bored out .020,
10:1 pistons, Isky cam (450"-256deg, 112 center), Edelbrock Performer intake
manifold, Edelbrock Performer 500cfm carb, custom modified Ford "shorty"
headers, Rover heads, ARP rod bolts and main stud kit, flywheel lightened,
everything digitally balanced, rods shot peened and polished. The Rover 5 spd
tranny is rebuilt.  The car will be finished being painted this Saturday,
1999 BMW burgundy metallic.  I haven't gotten the chrome redone yet (anyone
have any good tips or referrals?).  Full set of 14X6 American Racing Libras,
soon to be polished.  Going to try to stuff a set of 205/50/14's on them (I
hope they fit).  Still have to fab the custom motor mounts and set in the
tranny mount (holding my breath).  I know there will be some trickery
involved with the steering shaft and custom u-joints.  Still have to get the
custom exhaust worked out (have NO idea how I'm going to route twin 2" pipes,
or where I'm going to fit dual mufflers out the back).  And still have to get
the custom driveshaft done.
  Yeah, that's it....sometime around Fall the year 2000.....Actually, I'm
hoping to have it up and running by the end of this July....hoping....
  I'll post when I have something together soon.

  Stan Wada