Re: clutched again

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, chrisroxx@excelonline.com
Subject: Re: clutched again
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 99 11:16:59 CDT
Chris,

Usually I pull the engine & transmission as a unit.

You'll want to replace the following:
Pressure Plate (use only a NISSAN OEM unit for the 2000)
Disc
Throughout Bearing

On a 1600, I like getting into the transmission while it
is out and checking those needle roller bearings that
support the countershaft. Cheap insurance.

I was able to get new components from Van's, here in Austin.
When I got the pressure plate in, it was the "1600" item. Not
strong enough clamping force for a 2000. Ordered a new pressure
plate from the dealer (30210-20111 pops in my mind).

I'll be in Sacramento until June 28th.  If you need a hand
replacing it, or to help me do the same on my '67 2000....
feel free to drop me a note.  You are in Austin, correct?

Cheers,

Tom Walter   '67 2000
Austin, TX   '68 2000