Wireing Question...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Wireing Question...
From: HIGHKIX4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 22:34:22 EDT
Finally located a proper positive battery cable for my
67 project.  40 inches long and RED.  Just about everybody only
sells black replacement cables now, mine was at NAPA of all places,
and less than 6$.  Somehow, it had to be red.   Anyway, it came with
an extra pigtail which I was going to cut off.  I thought about this,
and now I plan to connect this and run it under the dash to its own
fuse, and I can use it for whatever "extra" loads come along.  This
way, I figure, I wont stress out (ie, melt, burn, destroy) the
original wire harness and its 4 fuse system.    Question for the list:
Is this a good Idea, or am I missing something, maybe on how
the voltage regulator senses load, and need to charge, etc., will
I "confuse" the regulator?  Pretty good at mechanical things, but
a little rusty on the laws of electricity.  And quite clueless on
the quirks of 32 year old japanese electrical systems....
Thanks,
Jim
Pushrod 2liter
Chesapeake Va