Re: Gas tank gasket? keys (using a fuel cell??)

To: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, daniel@seaport.net
Subject: Re: Gas tank gasket? keys (using a fuel cell??)
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 21:10:40 EDT
Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us writes:

<< Anyway, it's at a radiator shop getting cleaned in an acetone bath. They
told me
 a few days should be enough. Well, the goo is so bad that it took two weeks
 dissolve. I pick up the like-new tank in a few days, cost $100. >>

Fred, is your tank still off the car? Is there any way you can find the
measurements of the tank for me? I'm thinking of using a fuel cell in place
of the stock steel tank, and was looking at some of those composite/plastic
units that can be had for about 120 bucks or so.
I figure that since it'll cost about 100 to clean out a steel tank, maybe an
aftermarket one might be a good idea (especially since it'll have a sump
makng it better for EFI duty). Anyone who's run an aftermarket fuel cell have
any insights they might be able to share....?
Thanks in advance.

Van