More Solex Help Please

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: More Solex Help Please
From: CBAKER6231@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 02:00:59 EDT
Recently did a conversion to Solex carbs.

Car was running relatively well until a recent drive when it started to
exhibit characteristics of being starved for gas -- especially at low to mid
rpms.

For example, the car will not start unless I leave my foot completely off the
gas.  If the throttle is open at all, the mixture is too lean to start the
car.  The choke seems to have no effect.

I have taken the top half of the carburetors apart, removed the jets, and
sprayed carburetor cleaner through all jets and passages.  No change.

I don't have a gauge to check fuel pressure, but the flow is strong.

I'm ordering the tuning book (looked at previous postings).  In the meantime,
does anyone have some ideas on some things to try?  It simply isn't running
well enough to drive.  Thanks.

Calvin Baker
Tucson 2L