Re: Went for a drive

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Went for a drive
From: "Ron & Julie Edgar" <rvedgar@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 23:27:25 -0400
>>The suspension. the big alt..  Everything> > worked GREAT!!!!  I was
zipping down the freeway at an indicated >>~85MPH one handed, just fine.
Felt like the car could go that way all day.

Waiting on front end bushings so I can bring mine back to spec.  Good to
here these cars will
handle well at higher speeds.

>> With the heater on full the extra 200 watts of lights on (was foggy for a
while)
> > the alt keep my batt charged with juice to spare..gotta get that stereo
in...

Which alternator did you  use and how did you mount it ??  The factory 30amp
on my car is overloaded when I turn on fan & lights.

> > The electric fan kept things as cool as it needed to be.. actually now
> > that I have adjusted the thermostat the fan does not come on till 195F
and
> > stays on till it brings the temp back down to 175F, but it hardly came
on
> > except in traffic.

I am getting the same results on my 1600.  The electric fan is great in
traffic.
Mine is a 14" 1176 CFM what are you using?

> > Gotta get my drivers window installed..Ken I do not know how you do
> > it.. With both windows in and the heater on high I should be good for
all day
> > 85mph cruises in the cold..
 > Not sure what the point of this was... Oh, I guess I just love my car
> > and wanted to give you all a progress report.

Thats why we all go through the rough times because in the end its worth it.