AARRGH ! Vermin!

To: "Roadster list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: AARRGH ! Vermin!
From: Marc Tyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Mon, 31 May 99 14:28:46 -0500
     Hello all, I've been away from the list and my 1600 for awhile.  I
took the cover off yesterday, and  was gettin trady for a drive when I
noticed a hole in the vinyl seat upholstery! Yikes! I showed the hole to
Heidi, who thought the culprit was a mouse chewing on the salty (sweat)
seat cover.  Fine! it still goes, right? About a mile into a short little
turn through the Guadalupe river valley I noticed a smell, a burning hair
smell.  Pulled over and popped the hood to see a large mud-dauber nest on
the exhaust manifold.  Mud daubers are big scary red wasps, for our
bugless SoCal roadsterites.  So with screwdriver in hand I chipped the
little buggers off the motor and was on my way.  An object lesson
learned, don't let the roadster set, or critters will set up
housekeeping.  BTW, I set a mousetrap last night in the car and found a
fairly good size mouse in it this morning. I'll be setting the trap
again, 'cause there's no such thing as one mouse.