Frozen Engine

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Frozen Engine
From: "steve car" <steve_car@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 08:11:58 PDT
I got a 69 1600 about 16 monthes ago. It had an engine that was rebuilt in
1987 but the car had not been finished. After going through the rest of it,
doing the body work and getting it painted, putting in new carpet, etc., it
was finally ready to drive on Sunday. The engine had always run very well -
started right up and sounded good. Put lots of gas in it and rode it for
about 7-8 miles and had a few minor problems with fuel and a bad coil
connection. Fixed those and went for another drive Monday evening. Got about
.5 mile and it just died on me. All you  could hear was the starter solenoid
chattering. Towed it home. Turned out the engine was frozen. I could not
turn it over by hand. Needless to say I was not too happy last night when I
figured it out. I had thought it was the battery or starter. I had noticed
oil pressure reading on the guage, but didn't look this particular trip.
I Will be pulling the engine in about a week, but was wondering if anybody
had any speculation about what to expect.
Thanks,
Steve