ignition

To: CalSpeed@aol.com
Subject: ignition
From: Tony Genovese <chaztg@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 20:16:30 -0800
Hi CalSpeed,
I'm curious to know what ignition components you were using prior to
the coil switch...
Did you have all stock components with points ignition, or were you
running an upgraded "stock-looking" electronic set up hidden in the
stock dizzy?
I use a Crane XR700 optically triggered ignition and a Crane PS20
coil, which I originally bought for my 240Z, and I've bypassed the
ballast resistor entirely. With this set up, my 1600 fires up
instantly, hot or cold, and almost never backfires.
I've considered switching to a later A-series dizzy and I have all the
hardware to do it, but I've had such good results from the current set
up, why change?
That's my $.02
Tony