Re: datusn-roadsters-digest V1 #386

To: katman@2xtreme.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: datusn-roadsters-digest V1 #386
From: HIGHKIX4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 22:57:03 EDT
This is great info!
The PO of my car did away with the entire center console
in order to hang a stereo there.  I guess tunes more important than heat or
defrost or something.  In any event, I have obtained most of a center console
and was not looking forward to figuring out the snakes mess of cables, ducts
etc.  The one extra question I have, is what about the valve upstream
from the heater valve, is it maybe a valve to ensure all water to the
heater is off in hot weather?  Its just behind the after carb, where the
manifold heating water comes out.  Can it be disassembled and
made to operate again also, or will it forever leak if touched?
I'm detailing the passenger side of the engine compartment now,  in
between fixing the body, and was eyeballing the driver side, and what
a  challenge it will be to make right.  Thanks again for the great posting
of what goes to what for the heat/vent controls.
Jim
67 1600
Chesapeake Va