curved-dash-olds

Forwarded: Connecting rod needed

Subject: Forwarded: Connecting rod needed
From: mjb@autox.team.net (Mark J. Bradakis)
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 10:56:14 -0600
For some reason this was sent to me rather than curved-dash-olds@autox.team.net.
If your internet access is web-capable, check out

  http://www.team.net/posting.html

mjb.
----

     From: "Wes Anderson" <wes_anderson75@hotmail.com>
     Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 09:26:44 -0500

Hi Guys, I am needing a connecting rod for a 1901-1903 Olds.  I had a
little fiasco with our car this weekend that has turned it into a
rather large paperweight for the time being and I need to locate
something preferably soon.  A bolt broke and all heck broke loose with
more things happening in less time than it takes to tell it.  There
was a horrible clatter and bang and junk falling out on to the
street!!!  The rod rammed up through the crank case and took out the
bearing in the process.  The crank shaft is alright, the crank case
can be put back together but the rod is, I am afraid, lost.  Anyone
know of a spare out there?

Best Regards

Wes Anderson
Valley City, ND