SimpleSevens update 11/2/05

To: lotus@se7ens.net, chapman-era@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: SimpleSevens update 11/2/05
From: John Donohoe <sevenamerica@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 07:04:29 -0800 (PST)
Fall Greetings All, except of course for y'all down
under where I hope it's a happy Spring mates!

A few new tidbits on SimpleSevens, perhaps worthy of
your review...

>From New Zealand, a slick Steel Brothers Twincam S4
comes to light, reminding me of the material I've
collected thus far... maybe Greg can prompt me to
share some more of what I've collected on the Seven
built by an industrial truck company with Lotus'
blessing! Anybody with any knowledge of these little
gems, please do get in touch as I'll probably have
this project up by the Holidays.

And, you'll find yet another S2 for sale, fettled for
the not-unique purpose of driving to track, going
vintage racing, and driving home. It appears to be a
good, solid, honest Lotus Seven -- once owned by a
fellow named John Watson in fact, but NOT the John
Watson we all know and love!!!

You'll also find an incredibly original, unrestored
Seven which has survived in extremely fine fashion,
recently coming from the west coast  of USA over
toward the east. Interesting paperwork and story
included.

For last, I have saved perhaps the most interesting
addition in several months... a genuine Series One
Seven has come out of the garage and showed its
tail... and what a tail it is! No idea of the timing
of the conversion(?), but this IRS Seven sports a
Lotus diff and formula car-like fabricated rear
uprights... any and all comments greatly appreciated,
both for display on SimpleSevens as well as for
forwarding to the owner, whose intention is to do the
right thing by this bit of history... can you help?

And don't forget to peruse the the usual suspects
pitching a few interesting Lotus and even Climax
engine-related bits in the For Sale section of the
site!

Dat's all for now folks.

Cheers,
John Donohoe