Number Plate Bracket/Bumper on Seven

To: lotus@se7ens.net, chapman-era@autox.team.net
Subject: Number Plate Bracket/Bumper on Seven
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 10:21:02 -0800 (PST)
Hello all,

It is my understanding that the front number plate
bracket, or bumper, often found a Seven was welded to
the bottom of the front frame crossmember.

Has any one seen or heard of a removeable version that
would have been held in place by two bolts passing
horizontally through the bumper tubes where they would
normally have been welded on? Was it a common
modification?

Odd question perhaps, but with the next update of
SimpleSevens, you'll understand my reason for asking
:-)

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,
John Donohoe