Re: Lotus list

To: "Keith Gustafson" <gusmach@shore.net>, <chapman-era@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lotus list
From: "Tim Engel" <tengel@isd.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 21:00:29 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Gustafson <gusmach@shore.net>
To: chapman-era@autox.team.net <chapman-era@autox.team.net>
Date: Friday, October 06, 2000 8:09 PM
Subject: Lotus list

>Haven't seen any traffic in days, has that list crashed?

Keith,

Yes,  it crashed big time.   Unfortunately,  the account was low-budget and
listed as
an "Unserviced Account"...  or something like that.   The bottom line is
that it wasn't backed up.   1200 member addresses are lost,  so even when...
IF...  they get it back up and running,  they can't contact everyone to
advise 'em to re-subscribe.

Apparently the timing is bad as well.   The list doctor,  Alan Perry is
swamped and can't deal with it right now.

Some folks on the other Lotus model-specific lists have been talking about
what can be don't to help.   Either real help or $$.   So far, nothing
concrete.

If you want to stay in touch, I suggest you subscribe to one of the other
lists and keep an ear to the ground.   Apparently there's some information
on the Golden Gate Lotus Club's website.    The text pasted onto the end of
this message was snipped from the Europa List.   Nothing specific, just
chatter.

Regards,
Tim Engel