Re: Early Seven

To: shiples@home.com
Subject: Re: Early Seven
From: DWhitesdJr@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 19:20:06 EDT
In a message dated 8/6/00 12:23:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time, shiples@home.com
writes:

<<  I thought there were three ID plates; Lotus Racing, Lotus
 Components,
 and Lotus Cars. >>

I think Steve hit it on the head when he said "It looks like Seven production
was accomplished wherever it fit."

There were actually at least four chassis plates used: Lotus Racing, which
was the chassis plate for the Team cars, plus Lotus Components, Lotus Cars
and Lotus Engineering. Cars with Lotus Engineering plates were the cars built
before the production groups were split and Lotus went public.  Except for
some early Series One Sevens, the chassis plates for the Sevens should either
have a Components or Cars plate.  Since the discussion was about a Series Two
Seven I mentioned only these two plates.

If  my memory serves me well, I believe that the Components and Cars plates
had some variations in them too.  I seem to recall that they redid the plates
as the units or divisions (or whatever they called themselves) moved to
different locations.  This may call for a research project tonight unless
someone knows how many variations of chassis plates there are.  Any comments
Tony or Pat?

David Whiteside