Re: Early Seven Frame Number Detail

To: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Early Seven Frame Number Detail
From: Steven Shipley <shiples@home.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 17:37:30 -0700
If you've been in touch with John Watson you can believe
what he says.  Unfortunately, we only know what we can
see on today's examples and there isn't any consistency.

For instance, in a prior life, I'd question a scratched
in chassis number, but I've seen that before.

I generally expect to see the frame number stamped on
the framework of the pedal box, hidden by the master
cylinder.  But I have never been able to find a
frame number on my car, while my engine number matches
the factory numbers.

I've decided that there is a lot of variation.  If your
example is original, it should be similar to like aged
vehicles.  Whether your differences are factory or end
user installed it's difficult to tell.

Have you discussed this with Mike Ostrov?

Regards,
Steve Shipley