Speedo Drive Ratios

To: chapman-era@autox.team.net
Subject: Speedo Drive Ratios
From: Jeremy Fergusson <ferguss@philly.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 04 May 1999 13:42:50 -0400
Anyone on the list know about availability of replacement speedometer
drive gears for the Ford 105E gearbox? Gather this box is common to
Elans and Series II Sevens.

I've recently changed the diff ratio in my Seven from 4.11 to 3.89. Now
I need to make the speedo read correctly.
The nylon speedometer drive gear for the 4.11 is blue with 25 teeth. If
I go the other way, a drive for a 4.55 dif is white with 22 teeth. What
do I need for correct reading with a 3.89 dif and where can I find one?

Thanks,

Jeremy Fergusson