[BOUNCE chapman-era@Autox.Team.Net: Non-member submission from [rebea

To: chapman-era@autox.team.net
Subject: [BOUNCE chapman-era@Autox.Team.Net: Non-member submission from [rebean@mail.hac.com] global taboo body match "/RFC-822/i" at line 40]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 10:58:29 -0700 (MST)
     Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 06:28 -0800 (PST)
     From: rebean@mail.hac.com
     Subject: Re: Europa motor into Elan?

The only difference I know between the Elan and Europa applications of
the Twin Cam motor is that, in the Europa, one of the cams is
configured to drive the alternator.  That cam (it'll be obvious which
one) and the cam cover can be easily exchanged for the Elan type.

The alternator (or generator) on an Elan is driven from a pulley at
the front of the crank.  A little bracket... easily fabbed... grabs
the alt./gen. and bolts onto the engine at a place common to both
applications.

There is a possibility that the oil pan is different to accommodate
that pulley.  Oh oh, I hope the crank isn't different.  My knowledge
is more about the Elans than the Europas.

I do have all the manuals for both and can look it up.

Rod Bean