Fw: FIA

To: "Lotus List" <lotus-cars@lists.best.com>
Subject: Fw: FIA
From: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 19:30:54 -0500
Andres,
Far more than a "grey-zone" . . .a total no-no in the "premium events".
26Rs are 26Rs!   Not even a 26 should be  allowed to use the racing parts
that people market as "26R" items, definitely not a 45.   There is a very
excellent article on the 26R in the October issue of "Vintage Racecar"
magazine.  (fax 714 828 7500)  It was written by  Casey Annis and is the
best written 26R survey that I have seen in my 25 years of 26R ownership.
I was priviledged to have been allowed to "proof" the draft of the article.
The
acceptance of "real" 26Rs at premium events is explained in detail and is
given as the reason that 26Rs bring around  $30,000 more that fully race
developed racing Elans.
Regards,
Tony