Re: Dyno test

To: rebean@mail.hac.com
Subject: Re: Dyno test
From: Michael and Betty Braun <elan66@ccia.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 07:22:55 -0700
rebean@mail.hac.com wrote:

>      Mike,
>
>      I agree entirely with the cheap gain available from dyno testing.
>
>      On the headlight problem, on my Elans, I have, on occasion, also been
>      without vacuum.  I just wadded up a paper towel (one for each light)
>      and jammed it in the gap, after manually opening them.
>
>      Used that method for a whole year once.
>
>      Rod

I was able to pick up 6 Hp and 6 foot pounds of torque by the test. And
a better running car.
The headlight problem was/is a stuck check valve. I was able to get it
to work by lubricating it with oil from the dipstick!! It got me home
anyway. Today it refused to work again, I hope not to hit the neighbor's
when I throw it.....

                                        Mike