Dyno test

To: chapman-era@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Dyno test
From: Michael and Betty Braun <elan66@ccia.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 15:34:03 -0700
This is probably old hat to many of you, but yesterday I took my Elan
to Cleveland for dyno tuning, my first time at such a thing. Many, many
thanks to list member Phil Babcock, who answered all my inane questions,
and had me very well prepared. It is quite a culture shock to see your
own car at redline in 4th gear,just 15 feet away !(stationary of
course). The owner operator was not particularly knowledgable about
Dell'ortos, but with my amateur tuning experience and a tuning book, we
worked it out pretty well. I was able to gain horsepower, torque and
tractability. All in all, the cheapest power gain I've ever made (just
like Phil said it would be).It was a pretty good learning experience
too. Unlike the trip home when my headlights refused to open..... For
anyone whose name I took in vain,I apologize deeply.

                                Mike Braun
                                New Castle Pa.