Re: Origin of the Name

To: lotus-cars@lists.best.com, chapman-era@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Origin of the Name
From: Mike Causer <mikec@cam-ani.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 98 18:18:25 +0100
rebean@CCGATE.HAC.COM wrote on Thu, 25 Jun 98 -

> Ah yes, Andres, I'd much rather believe this one (but can't help thinking
>that,
> had it been true, it wouldn't have remained so mysterious all these years).
> >
> > The quotation of course is from Tennyson in his work "The Lotus Eaters."

Would Tennyson be likely reading for an engineering student?   Or, if we
believe the bicycle theory, for a 14-year-old in wartime London?

I suggest that the answer is probably in whatever Chapman _did_ read at
the time, so a search through an archive of early '40s comic books may
find some character whose spaceship was called Lotus perhaps....

Mike

  Mike Causer -- Support Manager -- Cambridge Animation Systems
  Email: MikeC@cam-ani.co.uk             Phone: +44 1223 578100
  Web: http://www.cam-ani.co.uk/           Fax: +44 1223 578101