RE: Appreciation of the Ford 3-rail

To: "'Erik V. Berg'" <erikb@elrond.sp.TRW.COM>
Subject: RE: Appreciation of the Ford 3-rail
From: Dave Billings <dbilling@spry.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 09:33:05 -0700
Erik:

Thank you for waxing rhapsodic about the Elan gearbox.  My 66 Elan S2 is
equipped with what I think is a close-ratio gear set (it will do 45mph
in 1st, as I recall), and the crispness you describe is the way I
remember it.  As I progress on my rebuild, hearing the stories such as
yours, descriptions by Ray Jang of his driving experiences, and all the
other tidbits that come to me from others via e-mail are extremely
helpful in keeping me motivated and focused on my desire to experience
those sensations personally again.

Keep it coming.  There are at least 2 very willing ears to bend whenever
you want.

Cheers,

Dave