RE: [Wedge] UK 3piece Range Rover intake questions & info

To: <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [Wedge] UK 3piece Range Rover intake questions & info
From: "Susan and Jack Brooks" <tr3a@att.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 20:43:43 -0700
> > All this trouble trying to chase power (the US plenum has a smaller
> > throttle disk and does not flow as well)
>
> My understanding is that it is more than just a few ponies
> and will likely be quite noticeable.

Yes, the much larger TB diameter and internal bell mouth stacks, combined
with a better flow configuration will yield a significant flow increase,
hence a resulting power increase, assuming you can fuel it.

> Is this the reason for the overpriced tapered hose beween the
> throotle body and the MAF sensor? Where can I get a Euro
> throttle body?

I can't help you on the hose issue, as I am building a custom air intake.
The three piece intake has the larger TB built in.  I was fortunate in that
I had a UK base friend hand carry (checked as luggage) the entire intake,
but they do pop up on ebay.  Most everything that was not on the TR8 flows
better.

jib
TR's 3&8

///