Induction question

To: "tr7/8 list" <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>,
Subject: Induction question
From: "Pete W" <pete@squidlydid.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 22:58:32 +0100
Listers,
I have a 3.5 V8 from an SD1 in my TR7 which I plan to rebuild next winter. I
intend to fit
a fast road cam, Vitesse valves and give the internals a good polish etc but I
am unsure
which way to go with the induction. It currently runs very well on the original
Strombergs
and I have a Holley waiting in the wings but no manifold.
I have just been to the SD1 Spares Day at Billing and found a single plenum
injection
system for #100. A used manifold for the Holley is likely to cost around #120
so should I:

Stick with the Strombergs and sell the Holley?
Machine the standard manifold to take the Holley?
Buy a decent manifold for the Holley?
Junk the carbs and go injected?

I know the twin plenum systems are best of all but they are too pricey; the
engine needs a
rebuild anyway but it's nearly fast enough for me as it is! :-)

Pete Whitehorn
Leicestershire, England.
'79 TR7 V8 FHC

///