Re: V8 Cam

To: Larry Smith <lodelane@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: V8 Cam
From: David Kernberger <dkern@napanet.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 20:39:39 -0700
4/16/02

Larry,

        My catalog from XKs Unlimited in San Luis Obispo, California lists
cam bearings as part number RVR-RTC5918.  I do not have a price sheet.  If
by any chance Rover are the same as BOP 215, then Dura-Bond, an American
company, lists the set as B-11.  Your local supplier should be able to
order those, or interchange the number for you.

Regards,
Dave Kernberger

>Have a V8 from a Range Rover that has some pretty serious cam issues.
>
>Getting ready to redo it, but somewhere in the back of my mind, I seem to
>remember that the cam bearings cannot be renewed.  Is this correct?
>
>If they can be reworked/replaced, does anyone have the part numbers?  How
>about a source for the camshaft and lifters.
>
>Many thanks!
>
>Larry Smith
>Chester, VA

///