New to the list but not a newbie

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: New to the list but not a newbie
From: StagbyTriumph@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 16:48:02 EST
Greetings,
       Ah, well, I am now the owner of an SD1 Rover 3.5 engine and 5 speed
transmission that came with a second Stag I have bought.  Planning on
slapping this baby into the Stag before winter is out.  Any recommendations
before I start bolting the heads on?
       What I have is the short block is assembled (non-cross bolt main
block), heads are rebuilt with all new parts with 3 angle grind,  Erson Cam,
Edlebrock lifters and chain / gears, 3.9 FI manifold / Plenum / injectors,
tubular exhausts (block huggers), lightened front springs, tranny brackets
and adapters (that I need to sort out as this came with no conversion
instructions!), Felpro engine gasket set, and a whole load of other crap to
sort through.

In particular, I could use some direction on the FI system issues and
anything to watch out for when assembling the engine, certainly information
on this "conversion kit" that has no documentation.  For example, the
conversion kit replaces the front pulley and harmonic balancer, water pump
assembly, motor mount brackets, and somehow converts the 5 speed shifter
housing to the correct height and distance to locate the shifter in the
correct spot for a Stag.  Anyone with pictures of this conversion setup?

       I'll also need:
- New oil pump, misc. tune up parts.

       I figure most of the parts I can still source from NAPA for the
engine, Rover Dealers for most of the other stuff.

Any help greatly appreciated.

BTW, how many subscribers out there for this list?

Regards,
Glenn  Merrell
President, Triumph Stag Club USA
<A HREF="http://www.triumphstagclub.org/";>http://www.triumphstagclub.org/</A>