Re: OilPumpDirection??

To: "Ron Howard" <DigiFX@coastalnet.com>, <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OilPumpDirection??
From: <spag@spagweb.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 07:27:31 -0000
> I'm trying to spin the oil pump on my Buick 215 to build up the oil
> pressure. While I have done this successfully several years ago, I seem to
> be having trouble this time. I have spun it, using a special tool in a
hand
> drill, for what seemed like a long time in both directions, (not at the
same
> time)....while monitoring the oil pressure guage. I can't seem to build
> pressure. There is plenty of oil in the pan. Can anyone speak to which
> direction I should be spinning the oil pump shaft....clockwise or
> counter....??? Thanks for help....ron

Clockwise in an electric drill worked fine in my Rover 3.5, but it took ages
as I had no idea how much oil I needed to put in !!

If the pump is worn, or very dry then it will be very hard so suck up thick
oil, so either remove the pump & pack with vasaline or maybe, remove the
pressure switch & pour oil in while turning the pump backwards. This may get
enough oil onto the pump gears to seal better when sucking ??

Ian (Spag)

www.spagweb.com - www.v8mini.co.uk - www.magicspanner.co.uk

"Believe me, you have no idea how many idiots we have amongst us."

///
///