Re: PCV Thread

To: "Kent Christensen" <lkchris@uswest.net>,
Subject: Re: PCV Thread
From: "bown" <bown@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 16:46:17 -0700
Most automotive engines have pistons going up while others go down.  The net
volume of the crankcase does not change, and compression does not occur into
the crankcase. Most enclosed crankcase systems (PCV) allow air in from
somewhere (usually a tube to the air-cleaner) and draw air out via the PCV
valve.
That is not true for some (very few) engines, usually these are motorcycle
engine, and the crankcase ventilation system is therefore different on these
engines.