Re: TR8 stuff and exhaust coatings

To: <lmg@gomog.com>
Subject: Re: TR8 stuff and exhaust coatings
From: <spag@spagweb.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 19:22:50 -0000
> Wrappings can indeed lower engine compartment temps, but do little for
> the air flow, encourage/hide rust, are cumbersome to put on and less
> than attractive. Many UK and European friends visiting here have looked
> for someone over there who does this work (no luck yet) and others have
> sent their exhausts here to have them done and returned. I too have had
> no luck in finding a UK or Continental service to refer them to. Can
> anyone help out?

>From personal experience in the UK, I would not recommend the use of 'Thermo
Tec' exhaust wrap.

While it did prevent a few burns when accidentally brushing against the
tubular headers, it also unfortunatley trapped water against the metal
causing two pipes to become so brittle in about 8 months that I broke them
by hand !!!

Ian (Spag)

http://www.spagweb.com
http://www.magicspanner.co.uk/v8_mini

"Believe me, you have no idea how many idiots we have amongst us."

///
///