Re: 300 hp in a crate?

To: "jan" <ben@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: 300 hp in a crate?
From: "Don S" <goldtr8@nconnect.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 16:44:16 -0500
Jan:

As soon as I have details about the engine I'll post the info.  I would also
like to know all the details but as I said the engineer has not sent me the
info as of yet.

I do know that it started life as a cross bolted main 4.6L.  The 4.6L
engines that PTP provided were low HP units that pulled 225 HP on the dynos.
My company removed the fuel injection intakes and were working with
carburated versions to start out as with all skunk work projects there
wasn't time to  work out details for a complete engine calibration.

The fuel injection system that I have with the engine is polished to match
the head work.  I have the complete plenum and am willing to part with it as
I am doing a carbed version for the TR8.

The engines provided were prepped for marine applications.  (You guess where
I work I'm sworn to secrecy).  We never ran any of the 5.0L units on the
dynos as the project died due to cost issues.

I do know that all the 3.5L bits that I have transferred over have fit the
unit.

My big issue right now it to figure out a clutch setup.

Don

///
///