RE: Roper's Rover V8 Oil Pressure

To: enigma90@mindspring.com, lmg@gomog.com
Subject: RE: Roper's Rover V8 Oil Pressure
From: <trevor_easton@dofasco.ca>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 12:18:07 -0400
> Alright I just heard from a member of the D90 list that his oil pressure
> was
> 10psi at idle with a VDO mechanical guage. 35 at 2400rpms..
>
> But now I don't see how the idiot light would work at all.

Idiot light extinguishes at about 5 psi (say). It tells you your engine is
broken and suggests that if you don't want it broken worse you should stop
very very soon. Good as a final warning if you're too busy to occasionally
check on the gauges or for that time when you punch a hole in the sump and
loose all the oil.