Re: Jetfire Question

To: "buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net" <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Jetfire Question
From: buldogge@inlink.com
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 10:45:02 -0500
Hey Bill... The system is antiquated and hard to come by... You would be
much better off building a "modern" set-up of your own design... Having said
that... You would need the Jetfire exhaust manifolds and crossover (or make
this), intake (or I believe 2-barrel olds intake), the turbo unit, the
sidedraught rochester and linkage, the alcohol injection tank and pump and
valve, and theoretically the transmission (but uneccessary, different ratios
only)... I used to own a Jetfire which someone had "de-turboed"... A little
later, I had a chance to buy all the turbo bits in need of a FULL rebuild
and passed... I would only bother if i was going for a full restoration on a
Jetfire... Ours was a daily driver...

Mark in St. Louis