Engine Clean Up

To: "Buick-Rover List" <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine Clean Up
From: "Gary Kneisly" <kneisley@ohio.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 20:56:27 -0500
Fellow Buick-Rover V8 listers.

This list has been very quiet so allow me to toss a thread -

Perhaps there is someone that can help a novice clean up a 3.9 liter EFI
Rover engine mounted in a Morgan +8, 1991 vintage.

This engine, as it comes from the factory, and after nearly 9 years of dirt,
needs to be brightened a lot.  I just got the manifolds back from Jet Hot
and they look great.  Now, I'd like to clean up the rocker covers and Fuel
Injector cover that sits atop the engine.  I've started to remove the FI
cover so as to be able to remove the rocker covers.  Having never done this
before I am looking for warnings of things not to do, and tips for cleaning
and freshening the appearance of these items.

Also, would be interested in tips on dressing the wires, hoses etc., to make
the car show better.

Gary

PS  Is there an engine manual which might have torque specs for engine bolts
and other specifications?