SD1 V8 engine blueprint/rebuild

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: SD1 V8 engine blueprint/rebuild
From: "Opstal, Lex van" <agopstal@huygmetaal.nl>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 10:14:20 +0100
Hi all,

At long last > justice.

Made a start rebuilding/blueprinting my spare SD1 V8 for future use in
P6.

Engine has unknown mileage.
All main and big-end bearings were very far gone but did not (just) do
damage to the journals.
Camshaft was still good although some cams were right through the layer
of hardness.
Lifters were reasonable.
Crank straight as an arrow (max 0,001 mm out).
All journals totally round and well within limits.

One important fact:
TDC was 6 whole degrees out of true on the crankshaftpulley.
Real TDC was 6 degrees retarded on the pulley timing marks.
How's that for factory tolerances.

For those who are interested > to be continued.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to mail pictures to this list?
Again only for those who are interested.

Lex van Opstal.
Holland.