GM 5 or 6 speed Trannies

To: "Aluminum V8 List (Buick/Rover)" <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: GM 5 or 6 speed Trannies
From: "Rich Atherton" <gumby@connectexpress.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 02:21:37 -0800
    Is anyone using the GM 5 or 6 speed transmisions in their 215 / 3500
powered cars?  I have the Buick 215 with the Buick 4 speed bell housing, and
was wondering if the later model 5 and 6 speeds (Camero's, and Corvette's)
fit.  Preferably, I would like an aluminum transmisison case like the Muncie
M21 4 speeds....I believe that those were the ones with the AL case.

    If there are some that fit, which models are they, and what
years/model/engine did they come from...Thanks.....

Rich