Re: SU's vs. Strombergs

To: jimbb88@erols.com
Subject: Re: SU's vs. Strombergs
From: "Kit Hildreth" <krisbox@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 11:17:06 PST
"Kit-

Not to argue with you, as I have no opinion British vs French carbs,
butyour Morgan has more compression, better cam than a stock TR8. The
air cleaners & other things help, the Strombergs may be better, but
bolting Strombergs & air cleaners will not make the TR8 engine put out
225 HP.

Jim Stuart"
Perfectly true Jim, especially as I am running a "Stage II" Crane cam. I
feel sorry for people with smogged British(!?) engines and possess the
usual insular British feelings for those "deuced frogs, by Jingo"!
Kit.
PS I'm actually toying with the idea of an Edelbrok or
Offenhauser/Holley setup for mine. As posted elsewhere, the idea of an
electric choke appeals. I'm getting OLD!