Supercharged SD1

To: "'british cars list'" <british-cars@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Supercharged SD1
From: briene <briene@worldonline.nl>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 10:18:38 +-100
I am looking at building a supercharger into a 1985 Rover Vitesse (SD1).
I have seen a installation with a Sprintex supercharger on top of the =
engine
but then.....the whole thing is clearly visible popping out of the =
bonnet....
I've seen that centrifugal superchargers are more compact....what's the =
advantage/disadvantage of a centrifugal set up compared to the Sprintex?

does anyone know if it is possible to build a supercharger set up in the =
SD1
with the supercharger sitting next to the engine?

Do I have to lower the compression ratio by using thicker composition =
gaskets?...to make things more complicated......the car mostly runs=20
on LPG (Propane)=20

What power and torque can be expected from a standard Vitesse set up=20
(3.5L with EFi) with big bore stainless exhaust system and a K&N filter.
=20
the set up with sprintex supercharger can be seen at the pages of the =
meeting at Billings(UK) of our SD1 club site at:

http://members.tripod.com/~RoverSD_1/

Greetings from,
Adriaan Briene
The Netherlands