Re: 350 HP Rover 4.6 EFI possible ?

To: buick-rover-v8@Autox.Team.Net, Carsten Meyer <scherped@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: 350 HP Rover 4.6 EFI possible ?
From: lark@world.std.com (Lar Kaufman)
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 09:40:28 -0400
> Is the stock Rover R380 5 speed and clutch capable to handle the power ?

Seems to me the limiting factor is the ability to deliver the power to
the ground; I can't imagine that you could load up the wheels enough to
overstress this transmission in a Westfield or Super 7.  Maybe if you
filled the second seat with lead ingots and had a limited slip
differential.  Indeed, rather than spending too much boosting the engine,
I'd consider how to improve traction and power delivery without harming
the wonderful handling.  Limited slip, for sure, then maybe some moderate
engine goosing.

Just my opinion, of course.

 -lar
"This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around. No
time for dancing or lovey-dovey, I ain't got time for that now. I sent a
message through the receiver, hope to get an answer someday. Why stay in
college? Why go to night school? Thought I'd be different this time." -D. Byrne