back to scott

To: buick-rover-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: back to scott
From: "Dave Robertson" <Dave@ghboats.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 13:59:05 -0700
Scott,

"Here" is not too far from you in the whole scheme of life...try
Seattle. Just a hop skip and jump up the left coast.

Incidentally, I found my original alloy motors on the internet when I
posted a query on the buick page. I got an answer from
Sacramento , a nice gent who was getting along in years but had
some parts he thought I may be interested in. He said if I was
serious enough to drive to Sacto to get them he would give them to
me.

Well, the parts consisted of two complete 215 engines, a 300
buick short block, big valve aluminum heads, 4 speed saginaw
trans, bell housings, 4 barrel manifolds, and bunch of small stuff.

So I told my wife to get ready for a short mini-vacation, and we
piled in a borrowed F-150 and set off for a 1600 mile round trip in 3
days.

You are told to suspect what you find on the 'net', but this was for
real. He would not accept any money, just said to keep him posted
on the progress and if I drove the hot rod to California, be sure to
drop by for a visit.

I live in the town of Gig Harbor, a fishing village metamorphosed
into a tourist mecca about 1 hour south of Seattle.

Dave