Re: Distributor/Ignition advice??

To: Paul Erlandson <perlands@ford.com>
Subject: Re: Distributor/Ignition advice??
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 17:53:00 -0400
Paul-

I have many miles on a MSD 6A, but you still have to have a fairly
decent dizzy. I suggest you contact Dan @ D & D fabrications  810 798
2491. He will sell you a rebuilt GM dizzy for a very reasonable price.
Use an Accel cap & points, & with the MSD, you should be set for another
20 years or more. Check & re-gap points every 25,000 miles. Dan will be
out of town until after Fall Carlisle.

Don't think the duel point is much better than stock.

On the other hand, I have a Mallory magnetic distributer on my other car
that I really think is hot stuff. Pricey, though.

Last thought, the stock dizzy made it since 1963, just the stock rebuilt
unit with the Accel stuff might be good for another 20 years.

Jim Stuart