blue sparkplug dust

To: buick-rover-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: blue sparkplug dust
From: Polly Welch <pwelch@cnw.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 11:36:57 -0700
Hi,
Here is my first question to this list, which I'm not sure I even belong
to (you decide - have an '88 RR with a '63 buick 215 v-8 block).  I
posted this already to the LRO list, but in case I don't get response, I
need help so here are the details:

Yesterday as accelerating on the highway, noticed the RR was "missing" a

bit.  Couldn't hear anything, just felt some intermittent minor loss of
power every several seconds or so.  Drove home about 3 miles and popped
the hood.  Looked right at the spark plug wires thinking one might be
loose, and instantly noticed one sitting cock-eyed.  Lifted it up, spark

plug is basically eroded away and all that is left is some turqoise
colored residue/dust crap.  Not knowing if this is like a majot thing -
I went in to tell Caveman (affectionate name for husband) who shook his
head and said "take it to the dealership".  I asked if I could just put
in a new sparkplug and he
muttered something about detonating the cylinder. So..... I drove it
back to work this morning and it behaved the same way.  What is up?
Polly
'88 RR