Re: [British-cars] Dayton Wire Wheels?

To: csx2282@sonic.net
Subject: Re: [British-cars] Dayton Wire Wheels?
From: pethier@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 20:16:37 +0000 (UTC)
Roland!  I have not heard from you for a while.  How's the snake?

I had one person tell me privately that the quality at Dayton has gone downhill
in recent years.  I don't know.

I do know that I was very pleased with the 60-spoke TR4 wheels I bought in
2002.  They were still working well when I sold the car in 2010.

Painted wheels are stronger and stiffer than chrome wheels.  They can't string
the chromes as tightly, as the stainless threads can not take as much torque.

1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack"
2004 Suburban 8.1
2005 Lotus Elise
2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net