Re: [British-cars] Ignition rotors

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [British-cars] Ignition rotors
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 07:39:28 -0400
At 06:00 PM 5/23/2008 +0000, pethier@comcast.net wrote:

>I have been having some on-again-off-again problems with the TR4.
>
>The car runs great, then not at all, then OK again....

>Before I amputate the Pertronix, I'm going to try another rotor.  I
>have heard a lot of talk about rotors causing trouble in Lucas
>distributors.

Phil,

I'd suspect the rotor.  I've got a friend in CT with a Morgan.  He
bought a rotor for it and went on a trip.  A couple of hundred miles
into it, the car quit.  Bad rotor.  He bought another one.  That one
lasted a little longer.  He now carries several spares.  There is
apparently problems with the production process of the Lucas
knock off rotor manufactured in the last couple of years.

John

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229

                       65 Rambler Classic