Re: [British-cars] L.E.D. Replacement 1157 bulbs

To: tjhiggin@hiwaay.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [British-cars] L.E.D. Replacement 1157 bulbs
From: herald1200@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 16:39:34 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: T. J. Higgins  <tjhiggin@hiwaay.net>

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 03:00:42PM -0400, TR6UO@aol.com wrote:
> My brother found some very high-tech looking LED 1157  replacement bulbs with
> 360 degree diodes.

Make sure the turn signals work properly.  Older bi-metallic
flashers don't always work with newfangled bulbs; the bulbs
don't offer enough resistance to get the flasher going.  The
easy fix for this is a $10 all solid-state flasher available
at any auto parts store.

 ==AM==
I've also noticed that some new cars with LED stop/tail lights seem to use a
traditional bulb for the flasher, which makes some sense to me.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database at its new URL:
<http://triumph-herald.us>