Team.Net List changes

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Team.Net List changes
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 20:47:51 -0600
I'm finally getting around to spending some time on Team.Net and
other computer stuff this cool, rainy afternoon here in Salt Lake City.
For the most part what I'm doing will never be noticed by any of
the 12,000+  subscribers to the 100+  lists I manage in about a
dozen domains.

But some changes will be noticed by you folks here on the
british-cars and british-cars-digest lists, as I nigrate from the
majordomo list management software to mailman software.
The basic  operation of the  list won't change.  You send mail to
british-cars@autox.team.net and  subscribers  will get the  mail.

What will change is the way users can manage their subscriptions.
Majordomo was primarily based on email transactions to manipulate
subscriptions, mailman is primarily web based.  And given how few
folks there are these days  whose internet access does NOT include
web capability, it should be easier for folks to use.  One example is
that there will be just british-cars@autox.team.net, and no more
british-cars-digest@autox.team.net.  Instead of two seperate lists,
there will just be one list, and switching from digest to real time
is simply a matter of clicking a box on the list admin page.

First off, you'll get a welcome notice from the mailman software
welcoming you to the "new" list, and including your password.
Don't be alarmed, it isn't some phishing scheme, it really is the
trusty old Team.Net server.  Once the initial changeover is done
I'll have more information available about how to deal with the
changes.  Stay tuned.

mjb.